1. Always Be Aware of the Weight of Your CargoWhen it comes to treating your LiftGator carefully, the number one thing you should be mindful of is the weight of each piece of cargo. If you are planning on lifting heavy machinery to load into your pickup truck, make sure it does not exceed the capacity of your hitch liftgate. Being a carefully designed winch and pulley system, we recommend staying under 1300 pounds when using the LiftGator.
2. Remember That Your Liftgate is RemovableOne thing to keep in mind, especially if you run a fleet of vehicles, is to utilize the removal feature wisely. If you time things right, you can use one liftgate on multiple trucks or vans and save money.
3. How To Use Your Removable LiftgateAttaching and using your LiftGator hitch liftgate requires only four easy steps!
- Roll and secure the Liftgator unit to your truck or van.
- Position the leg stabilizers.
- Lower the platform to load and raise cargo into the vehicle.
- Place your LiftGator back in the appropriate driving position.