1. What Type of Van Do You Drive?For the most part, your liftgate should work with any commercial van. However, make sure that you double-check the capacity of your van to ensure the amount your liftgate can carry will suffice the loads you will be transporting. For example, the LiftGator van liftgate features a 50” x 48” aluminum platform that can carry up to 1,300lbs. Does this sound like what you are looking for?
2. Does Your Van Have a Hitch Receiver?Your liftgate will attach to your van’s hitch receiver and draw power from the 7-pin trailer connector. The liftgate will than be pulled towards the ground, allowing you to open the doors of the van.
3. Would You Like to Be Able to Remove Your Liftgate When Needed?With most manufacturers, when you install a liftgate, it is there to stay. So, if you only have one vehicle, that could be the way to go. However, if you have multiple vans or trucks in your fleet, this won’t be enough. Avoid the unnecessary fees and extra equipment by using a removable hitch liftgate. LiftGator currently offers the only removable liftgate on the market. And it’s easy to manage with just 4-steps:
- Roll and secure the Liftgator unit to your truck or van.
- Position the leg stabilizers.
- Lower the platform to load and raise cargo into the vehicle.
- Place your LiftGator back in the appropriate driving position.