Frequently Asked Questions
Your Thoughts, Our Answers
- Check for damage to lifting structure such as bent/misaligned members or cracked welds possibly resulting from misuse.
- Check that all pins, bolts, and fasteners are tight and secure.
- Check for worn or damaged bearings, pivoting points, pulleys, and cables.
- Check that all controls operate properly.
- Check all electrical wires and connections. They must be tight and free of corrosion.
- Check that the platform, fold-up pins secure the platform in a safe transport position.
- Check lubrication of all pulleys, cables, and winch – refer to “Lubrication Instructions” below.
- Perform all monthly procedures.
- Check that all decals are in place and legible. Call LiftGator (605-753-0919) for decal ordering instructions.
- Inspect Winch for wear and damage.
- Front Flap and Kick Flap pivoting hinges.
- All pivot points located on the fold-up linkages.
- Pivot points between the two carriers and platform center.
- Entire length of both wire ropes (white lithium grease).
- Run the LiftGator through a full cycle (up and down) while lubricating the wire rope as it cycles through the upper pulleys, lower pulleys, and winch clamp.
- Upper pulleys, lower pulleys, and tensioner pulley pivot points
- Pull the pin from the stabilizers.
- Let the jack leg drop to the ground.
- Find the next available hole in the jack leg and place the pin back in the leg (spring/coil facing the vehicle).
- Then use the switches (or handle) to move the stabilizers down.
- Return drop leg to uppermost position after use.
LiftGator WarrantyType of Warranty: Full parts and labor Term of Warranty: 1-year warranty on all parts 1-year warranty from point of sales from distributor
This warranty shall not apply unless the product is installed, operated and maintained in accordance with LiftGator’s user manuals specifications (XTR Manual and VLG Manual). This warranty does not cover normal wear, maintenance or adjustments, damage or malfunction caused by improper handling, installation, abuse, misuse, negligence, or carelessness of operation. In addition, this warranty does not cover equipment that has had unauthorized modifications or alterations made to the product. You are responsible for proper installation, operation and maintenance as specified in our manuals and for using the product in recommended applications and capacities. You may be required to make the product or part to be covered by this warranty available to us and/or returned to us for review and evaluation. If apart is required to be sent back to LiftGator for replacement or repair, the customer will provide payment for the shipping cost to get the part or unit back to LiftGator. LiftGator will cover all expenses to ship the item back to the customer.
Warranty applies to purchases of LiftGator lifts from LiftGator directly, or one of our verified distributors. If you are purchasing from one of our distributors, and the distributor has had the LiftGator lift for more than a year, your warranty would not be valid.
LiftGator LLC 2707 Piper Avenue Watertown, SD 57201
You Can Visualize Your Truck with a LiftGator.
Enter your info, and we’ll reach out to discuss our best options for your needs.
LiftGator Instructional Videos
Watch and Learn
Our Current Range of CompatibilityDownload VanGator Fitment Guide Download TruckGator Fitment Guide
Small/Mid Size Trucks
- Chevy Colorado
- Toyota Tacoma
- Ford Ranger
- Nissan Frontier
- Ford F150
- Chevy/GMC 1500
- Ram 1500
- Toyota Tundra
Full-Size Pickup Trucks
- Ford F250-550
- Chevy 2500/3055
- Ram 2500-5500
- Most Full-Size Pickup Chassis
- Dakota Bodies Service Bodies
- Royal Service Bodies
- Reading Service Bodies
- Most Other Utility Bodies
Flat Bed Trucks
- CM Truck Beds
- Reading Platform Bodies
- Most Other Flat Bed Bodies
- Mercedez Benz Sprinter
- Ram Promaster
- Ford Transit
- Nissan NV Cargo