Small/Mid-Size Trucks: Chevy Colorado, Toyota Tacoma, Ford Ranger, Nissan Frontier.
Pickup Trucks: Ford F150, Chevy/GMC 1500, Ram 1500, Toyota Tundra.
Full Size Pickup Trucks: Ford F250-550, Chevy 2500/3055, Ram 2500-5500.
Utility Bodies: Dakota Bodies Service Bodies, Royal Service Bodies, Reading Service Bodies.
Flat Bed Trucks: CM Truck Beds, Knapheide Gooseneck Bodies, Reading Platform Bodies.
Commercial Vans: Mercedes Benz Sprinter, Ram Promaster, Ford Transit, Nissan NV Cargo
A LiftGator will either fit a 2” or 2 ½” hitch receiver. The two important measurements are: from the ground to the top of the hitch receiver, which must be 24” or less, and the top of the hitch receiver to the bed of the vehicle, which must be 24” or less.
A LiftGator is simply rolled to the back of the vehicle on the provided wheels and slid into the hitch receiver. A LiftGator can be easily attached to the vehicle in less than three minutes.
The TruckGator is for truck applications, and the VanGator is for commercial vans. A VanGator features a fold-away frame system, which allows the van doors to be opened when the frame is folded down. The TruckGator features a fixed vertical rail frame.
No, a LiftGator rides securely on the vehicle when the provided hitch stabilizer is tightened.
Yes, a LiftGator comes with a full 1-year warranty covering structural, mechanical, and electrical systems.
A LiftGator is powered by a self-contained battery system within the liftgate, which is recharged by the truck/van’s 7-pin connector or built-in 110v charger.
“M” model designates a liftgate with manual stabilizers. A “PS” designates a liftgate with electric powered stabilizers. Manual stabilizers have a drop pin to bring the foot down and a handcrank for a fine adjustment. Electric stabilizers are actuated by a control switch on the side of the upright rail.
Each LiftGator is produced by experienced fabricators in Watertown, SD. Steel and aluminum are sourced from American mills to ensure the highest quality.
Every month you should:
- Check for damage to lifting structure such as bent/misaligned members or cracked welds possibly resulting from misuse.
- Check that all pins, bolts, and fasteners are tight and secure.
- Check for worn or damaged bearings, pivoting points, pulleys, and cables.
- Check that all controls operate properly.
- Check all electrical wires and connections. They must be tight and free of corrosion.
- Check that the platform, fold-up pins secure the platform in a safe transport position.
- Check lubrication of all pulleys, cables, and winch – refer to “Lubrication Instructions” below.
Every 6 months you should:
- Perform all monthly procedures.
- Check that all decals are in place and legible. Call LiftGator (605-753-0919) for decal ordering instructions.
- Inspect Winch for wear and damage.
Your LiftGator should be lubricated every 3 months. Using a lightweight machine oil or white lithium grease, lubricate all the pivoting and rubbing joints on the LiftGator, including:
- Front Flap and Kick Flap pivoting hinges.
- All pivot points located on the fold-up linkages.
- Pivot points between the two carriers and platform center.
- Entire length of both wire ropes (white lithium grease).
- Run the LiftGator through a full cycle (up and down) while lubricating the wire rope as it cycles through the upper pulleys, lower pulleys, and winch clamp.
- Upper pulleys, lower pulleys, and tensioner pulley pivot points
We currently use Duracell 12v 20ah batteries. If you need to replace your batteries, you should be able to find these kinds of batteries at a local Batteries Plus or similar battery store.
Feel free to give us a call at LiftGator (605-753-0919). Our in-house technician will be able to talk with you about any potential fixes you may be able to do. If a replacement part is required, we will be able to send that out so that you can fix your LiftGator.
Please follow this procedure:
- Pull the pin from the stabilizers.
- Let the jack leg drop to the ground.
- Find the next available hole in the jack leg and place the pin back in the leg (spring/coil facing the vehicle).
- Then use the switches (or handle) to move the stabilizers down.
- Return drop leg to uppermost position after use.
One of the biggest problems we see is that if you have a Power Stabilizer model, that the jack legs get over-extended or that the jack leg is pulled up too high, and the pin is pulled into the stabilizer leg and gets stuck. Be sure to place the pins in correctly (spring/coil on pin towards the vehicle) so that the pin engages with our limit switches so that this problem does not occur.
A LiftGator price can vary depending on a few different factors. For a specific quote, please reach out to us at LiftGator, or a local distributor who may carry LiftGator lifts. Shipping price can vary depending on where you are and if we are delivering to a business with a forklift or a residential area. LiftGator is in Watertown, SD, so all shipping will be departing from Watertown.
Your LiftGator liftgate is warranted to the original purchaser to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of one (1) year, except as herein limited, from the date of purchase. The obligations of Gator Liftgates, LCC (the Company) under this limited warranty shall be limited to repairing or replacing any part or parts which, in the opinion of the Company, shall be proved defective in materials or workmanship under normal use and service during the one-year-period commencing with the date of purchase. Paint is warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of ninety (90) days from the date of purchase. Color Fade and color differences are not warranted This Warranty does not cover any part or parts which have been damaged as a result of an accident, misuse, abuse, or which have been modified, altered or repaired by other than the Company. This warranty shall not apply if the lift gate has been subjected to loads in excess of its rated capacity. The remedies described herein are the sole remedies.
Limitations and Exclusions
- Warranties are to the original owner and are non-transferable.
- Equipment which has been modified, repaired, or altered in any way without the express written consent of the Company.
- Unreasonable use (including failure to provide reasonable and necessary maintenance).
- Equipment which is warranted separately by the respective manufacturers of said components.
- Parts not supplied by the Company.
- Parts which require replacement in the ordinary course of use due to normal wear.
- Any lift gate after 90 days from the date of purchase if the lift gate is utilized as a rental unit or as part of a rental combination with rental equipment.
- Damage to paint resulting from deterioration due to use or exposure, such as chipping, scratching or damage due to road salt, tar or pressure washing.
- Labor costs will not be reimbursed.
THE FOREGOING WARRANTIES ARE EXCLUSIVE AND THE REMEDIES PROVIDED THEREIN ARE THE SOLE AND ONLY REMEDIES. THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE EXPRESSLY DENIED.
EXCEPT AS MAY BE PROHIBITED BY LAW, THE COMPANY SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND OR DESCRIPTION INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF TIME, PROFIT, INCONVENIENCE, LOSS OF USE, TOWING FEES, TELEPHONE CALLS OR COST OF MEALS OR LODGING.
The limited warranty provided above, subject to the described limitations and exclusions, gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
LiftGator LLC 2707 Piper Avenue Watertown, SD 57201
You may return your LiftGator unit after talking with a customer service specialist and they deem returnable. The party returning their unit will pay for shipping and a $200 restocking fee. Once the unit is returned, LiftGator will fully inspect the unit to ensure there is no additional damage. If there is additional damage, LiftGator has the right to charge the party for repair costs.
All 2020 Holiday Discounts are valid from December 9th through December 31st. Only one purchase per discount code will be accepted, if you would like to purchase multiple units please contact LiftGator directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any distributor that would like to purchase in this time frame will also receive a discount, but the list price discount code are not valid for distributors.
SMALL/MID SIZE TRUCKS
- Chevy Colorado
- Toyota Tacoma
- Ford Ranger
- Nissan Frontier
- Ford F150
- Chevy/GMC 1500
- Ram 1500
- Toyota Tundra
FULL-SIZE PICKUP TRUCKS
- Ford F250-550
- Chevy 2500/3055
- Ram 2500-5500
- Most Full-Size Pickup Chassis
- Dakota Bodies Service Bodies
- Royal Service Bodies
- Reading Service Bodies
- Most Other Utility Bodies
FLAT BED TRUCKS
- CM Truck Beds
- Reading Platform Bodies
- Most Other Flat Bed Bodies
- 48" x 48" Platform
- Rechargeable Battery
- Operated with a Simple Button
- 20 Lifts on a Single Charge